About this Event
American Astronomical Society, Division for Planetary Sciences (DPS) is holding its annual meeting at the Pasadena Convention Center this week and will host a rare free public talk at the Convention Center.
- Public Access to Art Event: 6pm-7pm, Exhibit Hall B
- Chalk Art in front of Civic Center
- Public Talk: From the Edge of the Solar System and Beyond; The Exploration of Pluto by S. Alan Stern (Southwest Research Institute) and Brave New Worlds: The Planets in our Galaxy by Giovanna Tinetti (University College London), 7:00 pm ‐ 8:30 pm, Ballroom D
- Stargazing Event: 8:30 pm ‐ 10:00 pm, Pasadena Civic Auditorium Plaza
- Cosmos Award for Outstanding Public Presentation of Science: The Planetary Society created the Cosmos Award to honor innovators who follow in the tradition of presenting science and scientists in an accurate -- yet entertaining and engaging -- way. Previous recipients include: astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, filmmaker James Cameron, NOVA producer Paula Apsel and theoretical physicist/cosmologist Stephen Hawking.
Type of eventAstronomy Activities Entertainment Lecture/Seminar Speaker Series
Pasadena Convention Center
300 E Green St
Pasadena, CA 91101
Onsite parking is available for $12/day for up to 16 hours.
If you have questions regarding the events listed on this Community Calendar or if you desire an accommodation related to your disability, please contact the organizer listed on the registration page for the event. The Innovate Pasadena's Connect Week Calendar is provided as a community service to Pasadena citizens and community organizations. Though the calendar is moderated for posting acceptable events, Innovate Pasadena does not endorse nor verify the information included.